Lead - in
The Rock City Marathon is celebrating 10th Anniversary this 2019. It will be held in Mwanza at Rock City Mall yard.
Rock City Marathon is organised by Capital Plus International LTD and integrated Communications, Events and Sports Marketing Company, cordially invites runners, fitness enthusiasts across East Africa and outside East Africa to participate in this Marathon and enjoy the beauty of Mwanza and surrounding tourists attraction sites such as Serengeti National Park, Saa Nane Island, Rubondo Island and cultural sites such as Bujora.
- Registration dates will be announced on radio, website and social media platforms.
- Registered runners will be given bibs numbers during verification after showing receipt or paying cash full entry fee depending. On the race you wish to register
- Age Restrictions: All runners participating in half-Marathon (21km) and Full Marathon (42 km) must be 18 years of age. For Runners participating in Fun Run 5 km must be over 14 years of age.
- All participants eg. Children from (7-10) years of age in 2.5km,must be accompanied at all times by a responsible adult or parents.
- All participants must ensure they are medically fit to participate in the race.
- The organisers will not be responsible for any disputes arising from incomplete/incorrect entry details.
- In accomplishment with IAAF necessities, the participants of Rock City Marathon shall subjected to the performance heightening substances control procedures.
- Please choose category carefully, confirmed registration are non-refundable, non transferable and cannot be modified.
- The organiser holds the right to decline entry to applicants who announce false information on their entry form, do not make the required payment, or who have been banned from competition under IAAF/AT legal power or who have taken cast out substances in the Rules and Regulations.
- The organiser reserves the right to close entrances before the closure deadline without notice especially when a specific allotment for a race is full.
- Entries are not transferable to other persons or to future events.
- There will be no tip repaid if the event is invalidated for whatsoever reason.
- Participants run at their own risk and the organisers shall not be liable for any loss and/or damage whether personal or otherwise, and howsoever arising.
- Photographs taken of runners during the registration and on race day may be used for the purpose of promoting the event.
- Participants (runners) are required to wear an official Bib number on the front of their t-shirt or bib vest.
- No result or certificate will be given to runners who do not start their run at the respective start times of the race categories they have been confirmed in. Such runners will be disqualified from the event.
- Participants are not allowed to run with babies or children who are under aged for the designated category and unregistered runners.
- Only those confirmed participants wearing the current 2019 running number bibs will be allowed on the route. Any person found wearing the incorrect bib or no bib will be disqualified and removed by the course security
- Organizers are not responsible for any loss of baggage and belongings.
- Reporting / Assembly Time for all the race categories – 5 am of the day of the race.
- No baggage counters are available for participants of the run. For security reasons, participants are requested to come without any baggage. Organizers are not responsible for any loss or baggage and belongings.